Primary Function: The Drexel Theatre seeks a part-time Concessions Associate to provide a first-class movie experience for Drexel Theatre patrons. This position provides ticketing services, food & beverage services, and ensures the building is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes sale of tickets and concessions items; uses proper credit and cash handling procedures
- Greets patrons, answers questions, and acts as an ambassador of the films and the theatre.
- Maintains a clean and safe building by cleaning and sanitizing the theatres and restroom facilities.
- Prepares food and follows proper food handling procedures.
- Interacts with customers in a pleasant and professional manner; showcases appreciation for and knowledge of films to patrons.
- Follows rules and regulations of the Ohio liquor laws.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Passion for films and ability to share knowledge with patrons.
- Knowledgeable of Ohio liquor laws and health regulations preferred.
Credentials and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be at least 19 years of age due to serving alcohol.
- 1 year experience in guest relations, hospitality services, cash handling, and point of sale operations.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Standard background check required.
- Ability to work weekends and long evenings.