Primary Function: The Drexel Theatre seeks part-time Front of House Associates to provide a first-class movie experience for patrons of our movie theatre in Bexley, OH. This position provides ticketing services, food and beverage services, and ensures the building is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes sale of tickets and concessions items; uses proper credit and cash handling procedures.
- Greets patrons, answers questions, and acts as an ambassador of the films and the theatre.
- Maintains a clean and safe building by cleaning and sanitizing the theaters and restroom facilities.
- Prepares food and follows proper food handling procedures.
- Interacts with customers in a pleasant and professional manner; showcases appreciation for and knowledge of films to patrons.
- Follows rules and regulations of the Ohio liquor laws.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Passion for films and ability to share knowledge with patrons.
- Knowledgeable of Ohio liquor laws & health regulations preferred.
Credentials and Experience
- Must be at least 19 years of age due to serving alcohol.
- 1 year experience in guest relations, hospitality services, cash handling, and point of sale operations.
- High School diploma or a G.E.D. preferred.
- Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Standard background check required.
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends and holidays.
The Drexel Theatre’s EEO Statement:
The Drexel Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Drexel does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.