THE DREXEL LAUNCHES “AMERICA’S GREATEST FILMS,” A NEW SERIES OFFERING FREE MONTHLY SCREENINGS OF CELEBRATED CLASSIC FILMS
Kicks off on Tuesday, December 6
America’s Greatest Films is a new film series offering free screenings of some of the country’s most beloved classic films. Made possible through the generous support of PNC, the series will screen one film on the first Tuesday of each month. Each presentation will include an introduction and post-film Q&A by Jonathan Sherman, associate professor of film at Kenyon College. Admission is free.
2016-17 AMERICA’S GREATEST FILMS
Doors open at 6:30pm. Screenings begin at 7pm. First come, first served. Admission is free.
- Casablanca (1942) - Tuesday, December 6, 2016
- The Philadelphia Story (1940) - Tuesday, January 3, 2017
- The French Connection (1971) - Tuesday, February 7, 2017
- The Apartment (1960) - Tuesday, March 7, 2017
- Schindler's List (1993) - Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Annie Hall (1977) - Tuesday, May 2, 2017
- Hitchock's Rear Window (1954) - Tuesday, June 6, 2017
- West Side Story (1961) - Tuesday, July 11, 2017*
- Midnight Cowboy (1969) - Tuesday, August 1, 2017
- Some Like It Hot (1959) - Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Do the Right Thing (1989) - Tuesday, October 3, 2017
- Double Indemnity (1944) - Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- Citizen Kane (1941) - Tuesday, December 5, 2017
All film titles are subject to change.
ELF - Drexel Holiday Film Series
The 2016 Drexel Holiday Film Series kicks off with fun for kids and adults alike with the classic ELF!
ELF (PG) will show 3 times:
Thur, Dec. 8 @ 6:00 pm
Sat, Dec. 10 @ 10:00 am
Sun, Dec. 11 @ 2:00 pm
After inadvertently wreaking havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size, a man raised as an elf at the North Pole is sent to the U.S. in search of his true identity.
Drexel Family Admission: $2 for kids (2-12) • $3 for adults • $10 family cap • Under 2 and Drexel Members FREE
Saturday, December 10 at Midnight
The Room is an electrifyingly funny cult black comedy audience participation movie about love, passion, betrayal and lies. Writer/director Tommy Wiseau stars as Johnny, a successful banker who feels so badly wronged by those nearest and dearest to him that he finds himself asking, can you ever really trust anyone? The Room screens on the second Saturday at Midnight every month at the Drexel. Tickets are $6.50 and $5.50 for students.
New Year's Eve Celebration: The Poseidon Adventure
Saturday, December 31 at 9:45 p.m.
Celebrate New Year's Eve at the Drexel! See the classic film The Poseidon Adventure at 9:45 p.m. The film will end just before midnight after featuring its "upside down" New Year's Eve party. Then, we'll break out the champagne, as we watch the ball drop in Times Square, so that you can toast the beginning of 2017! We'll have hors d'oeuvres for all of our guests, along with prizes for lucky winners. Everything is included with a ticket purchase.
Admission is $15 per person, $20 per couple.